I had some short stories, poems and photographs to share ... and so here I am

Back, Refreshed, Inspired!

It's been a long time! But I'm back, ready to put black on white and regularly update my blog. This is the kind of view that was cleaning out my brain in Portugal for a month.

I took about 500 photos, but I couldn't possibly post all of my favourites here. I will select some of the best over the coming days, just to give you a taste of the sights.


There are so many different aspects to the landscape and the visual feast here. The people are extremely friendly, patient, open to strangers. They eat lots of grilled fish, they drive like maniacs, they are distractingly good looking, they enjoy a slow pace of life.


We drove 7,500 kilometres, from the north to the south, taking in the pulse of the place by staying in camping areas that were often packed with locals. I didn't write or read very much because my senses were already overloaded. I've come away full of oomph!

4 comments:

S. Kearney said...

Hello Bill, and welcome. Thanks for your visit. I will be sifting through the 500 photos to get to the best (and that's always hard to judge), and then post them here.

Anonymous said...

looks fantastic - welcome back

S. Kearney said...

Is it really awful to say that I already feel like another holiday? That comes from working on stories yesterday and today about the Israeli-Lebanon conflict. Great way to come back down to earth.

S. Kearney said...

Thanks for your welcome back, Skint, and I'm pleased to see the counter has shot back up - thanks also to Frank Wilson!