I had some short stories, poems and photographs to share ... and so here I am

A Pause For A Poem


acting the goat

he reminded me that I was 90, the bugger, looking at me all funny, as if he understood what that should mean, how a woman of my era and standing should act when in public.

I told him, young man, I've kept the lid on for far too long, and no one ever explained to me why; they've all gone now anyway, no one left to care that I was able to manage it.

I told him to laugh, take risks, be who he really wants to be, but he just passed me a basket full of wool and needles, weakly suggesting that I could make him a nice hat.

give me that thing, you poor devil, I hooted, I've got eight decades of acting the goat to catch up on, and with that I pulled the darn thing over my pretty young girl's head!


© Copyright, 2006. Shameless Words.

3 comments:

adieu tristesse said...

Great humour :)

Unknown said...

Oh joy!
Reminded me of that Eddie Izzard ramble about old ladies and their expected old age uniform - beige polyester and a nylon meringue hat!
OAP break out!

Stephine said...

Besides the benefit of indoor biking many biking enthusiasts decide upon the flexible nature of the Pro Homework Help indoor stationary motorbike. You do not every day have day everyday fear about climate situations or heavy daily.