I had some short stories, poems and photographs to share ... and so here I am

My Pool Of Words

 
We all love to try to be original, don't we? The question then for writerly bloggers like you and me is this: which words are our own? The wonderful Caveblogem over at Pretty Good On Paper is in the middle of an interesting experiment, compiling and analysing word data from blogs. He was kind enough to include Shameless Words! Out of his sample of blogs so far, these are the words that only I used here on my blog:


The larger the word is, the more often I used it. Anyone who follows my blog closely doesn't need to be told why the word "lions" is the largest!

The full assessment below shows where I stand in terms of the popular words used by the other blogs. Click on the image to see the balloons in full size!



A big thank you to Caveblogem for this wonderful insight into the pool of words that I swim in!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite welcome, shameless. These things look much nicer against your red background!

S. Kearney said...

Caveblogem,
My background was blue before and things looked all proper and sober. This red/burgundy gives everything a warm feel, I think. I'm glad I changed! :)

Anonymous said...

This whole word thing Caveblogem is doing is amazing. My hat is off to him, and to you, for participating.

Are you approaching your writing any differently since you did this?

S. Kearney said...

Hi GT,
If I'd known I was going to be sampled I would've pumped up the volume with lots of exotic and complicated words to knock his socks off and to make sure that I outscored everyone else in terms of original words.

The Moon Topples said...

Shameless: I would have peppered my sample as well. There's no shame in that. Cavey is wily, though, and starts his sample before we agreed to take part.

L.M.Noonan said...

As there have been no lions for a while now, can we assume you are a recovering LION addict.

S. Kearney said...

Hi Moon,
I'm also slightly worried that the word hymn was high up on my list ... what does that say about my state of mind? !

LMN,
Hi! Oh, no, the lions are still coming thick and fast ... not sleeping tonight! :) I try to spread them out so people don't get too much of an onslaught! :) The next one is warming up in the wings! :)

Debi said...

Oooh - you've been analysed. What fun.