I had some short stories, poems and photographs to share ... and so here I am

A Roaring Contest !

 

The starter pistol has been fired! The guardians are now accepting votes.

It is time to judge the lions and the poems/pieces of prose produced by the new members of the Shameless Lions Writing Circle. A two-week voting period has opened.

Go HERE to read the entries and see the lions.

If you are a member of the circle, your votes are needed for the Members' Choice Awards.

If you are a reader, there are lots of poems and lions to comment on. The judges deciding on the jury prizes will no doubt read the comments left on the individual member listings.

There are some great prizes at stake. Results will be announced on Friday, July the 13th (what a perfect day to release them!).

I've also had some fun making up the badges that winners will be able to add to their blogs. I'm not very technically minded, or very skilled at computer graphics, but I'm quite proud of what I was able to do here. Check out this EXAMPLE badge:



Spread the word.

Happy reading! Happy roaring!

7 comments:

Debi said...

Oh that Paul Picklepenny - how could he win? This is a travesty ...

Shimshon and I are outraged and wish to register an official protest.

S. Kearney said...

Don't worry, Debi, he's already been dealt with - thrown to the lions. :)

Unknown said...

The badge looks great. Very lionly... Why is it pink?

Anonymous said...

Lovely work on the badge Seamus! This will be one tough competition, so much talent, so little time.

The Moon Topples said...

So why are we voting if Paul Picklepenny has this thing sewn up?

S. Kearney said...

HI V,
I'm glad you like it! Pink? Why not. No answer really. it just seemes to be a colour that will go with most colours and blog styles. :)

Hi Kat,
Thanks. Yes, it'll be interesting to see how things go between members votes and the jury votes. I think the judging is diverse and varied, so there's a good chance for everyone.

Moon,
As I say, Paul has been thrown to the lions, so the field is wide open again! :)

Rob Kistner said...

Seamus - Hello from Artheo and I. FYI -- As you are a fellow member of the Shameless Lions Writing Circle, I have a direct link to your site in the sidebar of my blog, below Artheo’s picture and poem. I See you have already linked to my blog.
…thanks, Rob